If the intent is to dismantle the almost forced yet still present white majority in music I believe an amazing optional path for University music schools to take would be to offer a higher selection of new music study. However the concept of offering a sort of “non-white” music course can be risky and definitely could cause people to get upset- however I believe that is inevitable regardless. Offering a sort of “cultural” course study may be a good option. But that raises a lot of questions such as what do we define as “cultural” music versus the generic music we’ve been studying since the dawn of time. However considering this in terms of three to five years from now the amount of newer music to study will be increased greatly. It is becoming way more common nowadays for people to be inspired to compose something, and get their music out there, however difficult that may prove to be. The likelihood of more cultural music being able to be explored will also greatly increase over the years as composing becomes more and more common. People will want to express their heritage and cultures through their works. 

“The practice that neutralizes the common sense intuition of the most privileged members of society as objective knowledge.”

I am unsure how to relate this to my instrumental work as I am unable to make sense of it.