1. Looking back at the “bones of summer” how have you engaged or created art? If you haven’t engaged or created art, please describe why.

Unfortunately my summer went from what was supposed to be packed full of music and art and good times, to a series of cancelled show bookings and disappointments. Covid took a big toll on my summer activities.

1. What things, if any, surround you that you consider powerful?

The form of nature around me is almost overwhelming, everywhere I go I can’t help but seem surrounded by lush green trees and animals everywhere. 

1. Over the next couple of days, take note of the dominant sounds in areas that you consistently walk. What are the sounds you notice most of all? Be specific.

Typically when I go out I have music playing in my ears, but if not I tend to follow the rhythm in everything around me. Specifically the cars going by, the sound of my footsteps and bird chirps, etc.

1. How do you relate to the phrase “free time only works if you steal it?”

The concept of time is complicated in that it’s relative. The ability to have free time comes from making the decision to do something more preferable over something else. By stealing that time away from another activity you gain the “free time” to do the preferred activity.

1. Do you have any other takeaways from the film?

Everything in life has its own reason to be appreciated. You can find so much more in something just by taking a moment to look a little deeper.